There are many steps you need to take in order to care for your dentures and extend their life. There are also many steps you should avoid taking because they can cause harm to your dentures and even to you. Keep reading if you want to learn these dos and don’ts of denture care.
The Dos Of Denture Care
When caring for your dentures, please follow some of these steps:
- Do brush your dentures twice a day to prevent staining, plaque buildup, and fungi development
- Do clean your dentures over a folded towel or sink filled with water to prevent damage if you drop them
- Do rinse your dentures after meals to prevent food buildup
- Do soak your dentures at night so they can maintain their shape
- Do bring broken dentures to our office for professional repair
The Don’ts Of Denture Care
- Don’t clean your dentures with abrasive toothpastes and household cleaners
- Don’t clean your dentures using hot water that can warp their shape
- Don’t sleep wearing your dentures
- Don’t let your dentures dry out when you aren’t wearing them
- Don’t try to repair broken dentures
We invite you to call New Image Dental Group today if you have any questions or concerns about how to give your dentures excellent care.